Group travel can be a daunting proposition. Where do you begin? You have a budget, a destination, and a crowd depending on you to get
them there logically and affordably...
On The Vine
We are proud that Tangerine Travel is one of the first agencies in Washington State, to be accredited to sell travel to space.
We want to make your corporate travels as seamless as possible. By letting us know your preferences and membership numbers, we
can do our job more efficiently and effectively.
Step into Luxury
A personal travel service where every expectation is understood and your utmost luxury is anticipated.
About Tangerine Travel
Tangerine Travel, Ltd. is a much awarded, 27-year, full-service travel agency. We are the largest travel agency based in the Pacific
Northwest, encompassing every kind of travel...
About Tangerine Travel
- Flight to Hawaii Diverted Over Rage About $12 Blanket
- Qatar Airways' Business Class 'QSuites' Offer Double Beds
- The Designer of the Four Seasons Jakarta Shares Her City Favorites
- Why I Travel: Nathalie Love
- Why Shanghai, China Is the Place to Be for Contemporary Art
- Royal Caribbean Set to Launch World’s Biggest Cruise Ship (Again)
- Flight Deal: U.S. to London from $400 Round-Trip
- TWA Terminal Hotel at New York's JFK Airport, by the Numbers
- The Best New Luxury Overnight Train Trips
- Be the First Person to Spend the Night in the London Eye
- The Iconic Austin Motel Reopens Just in Time for SXSW
- The Risky Thing We All Do on a Plane
- Get Paid $12,000 to Travel and Drink Beer
- Montana's Glacier National Park Has a Canine 'Bark Ranger'
- The Busiest Airport in the World Is (Still) Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International
- This Travel Photography Workshop In Peru Is Study Abroad For Adults
- California Desert Sees Rare Wildflower 'Super Bloom'
- Photographing Peru's Last-Remaining Incas
- Where to Go in Japan: 3 Places to Visit in 2017
- Does the Travel Industry Actually 'Get' Millennials? Travelogue Podcast
- The 14 Best Family Summer Vacations to Take in 2017
- You Can Now Dine In a Gondola at Munich Airport
- The 'Secret Weapon' This Travel Blogger Packs for Every Trip
- Flight Deal: Winter Holidays in Europe from $400 Round-Trip
- Malaysia's Curious Claim to Fame: The World's Biggest Roundabout
- How Millennials Travel
- How Winter Storm Stella Will Affect Your Travel Plans
- What's Planned for NYC's Met Rooftop This Summer
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Are Expanding Kensington Palace
- Spend the Night at Dublin's Guinness Storehouse with Airbnb
- More European Airport Strikes Are On the Way
- Country of Georgia Welcomes Tourist With the Ultimate Airport Surprise
- The 11 Best Cities for Expats
- 7 Secret Island Getaways
- Canadian Girl Guides to Cancel U.S. Visits After Trump Travel Ban
- This Duffel Bag on Kickstarter Will Clean Itself—And Your Clothes
- Get Cheap Amtrak Tickets to Washington, D.C. for Cherry Blossom Season
- Why You Should Stay Awake After a Red-Eye Flight
- American Airlines to Bring Back Free Food on Some Routes
- This New Cruise Ship Suite Will Have a Better View Than the Captain Does
- Rome Is Raising the Price of Coffee
- Flight Deal: U.S. to Norway This Spring and Summer from $250 Round-Trip
- Are These The World's Best Airports?
- The Side of Phuket, Thailand You're Missing
- Collective Retreats' Luxury Tents Make You Rethink the Hotel Experience
- Explore 'RMS Titanic' Wreckage on This Tour
- 5 Tech Innovations That Will Change the Way We Fly
- The Most Instagrammable Breakfasts in Australia
- Spring Break in Mexico? Check the U.S. State Department Warning Before You Go
- These Photos of Japan's Wisteria Tunnel Are Straight Out Of a Fairy Tale
- Why Desert X Is the World's Newest Must-Visit Art Fair
- The Most Powerful Passport in the World
- The Best Travel Skincare Tips From Our Editors
- President Trump's Travel Ban Blocked by Hawaii and Maryland Judges
- Barack Obama Visits Marlon Brando's Private Polynesian Resort at Tetiaroa
- The Cheapest Day to Fly This Summer
- The Most Beautiful Caves in the World
- The Cost of Airline Tickets Might Go Up This Year
- 20 Best Restaurants in London
- 14 Best Bars in London
- Is JetBlue Getting Closer to Flying to Europe?
- What It Was Like to Fly on Donald Trump's Airline
- Flight Deal: U.S. to Barcelona for $149 on New Airline 'Level'
- Alitalia Joins Major Carriers in Going Budget
- Supersonic Flight Is Around the Corner...But Why Is It Taking So Long?
- How Women Are Changing the Travel Industry: Travelogue Podcast
- Exploring Ireland's Beautiful Islands
- How to See the Lava Flow in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- New Zealand's Whanganui River Is Now Legally a...Human Being?
- Marriott Hotels Offering Pop-Up Rooms at Coachella 2017
- Moresnet Sits at the 'Four Corners of Europe'—But No One Visits It
- The 10 Happiest Countries in the World
- The Brightline Express Train Will Take You From Miami to Orlando in 3 Hours
- This New Arlo Skye Carry-On Bag Is Sleek AF
- An Ode to the Best Ravioli I've Ever Eaten
- Rural Airports Take a Hit in President Trump's Budget Cuts
- Flight Deal: Boston to Vancouver (Non-Stop!) This Summer from $243
- London Restaurant Firedog Bans Avocado From Menu
- See Matisse Paintings Next to the Objects That Inspired Them
- U.S. to Ban Electronics From Flight Cabins on Several Middle Eastern and African Airlines
- Editor's Letter: In To Africa
- Photographer Omar Victor Diop Captures Dakar’s Emerging Creative Scene
- The Secret to Getting Through European Customs Quickly
- A 'Nap Cafe' Opens in Tokyo
- Flight Deal: JetBlue One-Way From $44 (and Only $80 to Bermuda and Charleston)
- Throw the First Pitch at a Red Sox Game, Thanks to Boston's Hotel Commonwealth
- Iceland's Blue Lagoon Is Getting Its First Luxury Hotel
- Tauck Tours Offering Vacations Inspired by BBC's 'Planet Earth II'
- Private Jet Designs of the Super Rich
- The Most Expensive Cities in the World
- Thirdhome Will Pay You $10K a Month to Stay in Luxury Homes Around the World
- London Attack: U.K. Parliament, Area Near Westminster on Lockdown
- Airbnb Invites Guests to Stay in a 17th-Century Wall in Germany
- What to Do in Rome: The Black Book
As corporate travel continues to grow in 2017, Tangerine Travel consultants have put together a few travel tips that can help Road Warriors make it through their next business trip.
Release Muscle Tension
Traveling often can often cause the body to tighten up. While there are great ways to stretch and roll out muscles with foam rollers and bands, those can be inconvenient to pack in a carry on. We suggest packing a tennis ball in your bag or briefcase on your next trip. They are small, inexpensive and easy to replace if left behind. Tennis balls are great to roll under your feet and legs to keep you from getting stiff or sore.
Road Warriors need simplicity when it comes to managing rewards. From specific companies’ credit cards to mileage numbers, points can be worth a good amount of money, especially with how you redeem them. Sites like AwardWallet offer a one-stop shop for tracking miles from all your accounts, including information like passwords and expiration dates.
Charge Personal Devices
Allow yourself entertainment options when traveling by making sure all of your personal devices are charged. The day before your trip charge everything you are going to need and pack it in your carry-on to eliminate any stress on the day of travel. This will allow you to relax at the airport instead of trying to find a plug to charge laptops, tablets or e-readers.
Avoid Jet Lag
It is important to figure out what your body needs to avoid jet lag. Since everyone reacts to changing time zones differently we have included a few ways to beat the exhaustion from time changes.
- Take later flights so you can sleep overnight.
- Stay well hydrated. This means avoiding soda and alcohol to ensure you arrive refreshed and not dehydrated.
- When you land, push through the day and go to bed at the normal time for your destination.
Keep Track of Boarding Passes
A challenge for Road Warriors can be keeping track of their own paper trail, starting with boarding passes and itineraries. Passbook (IOS) and PassWallet (Android) is a great hub to compile boarding passes, tickets and other important paperless items. In addition to apps on smartphones, Tangerine Travel offers an app that keeps track of itineraries and tickets as well as alerting users to travel updates and weather changes.
Tangerine Travel consultants are experts on travel. For more tips or to tell us a “travel must” that you cannot live without, email us at email@example.com.
When staying in a new place each week, Road Warriors can struggle planning and preparing for a different location. Tangerine Travel knows with a little foresight, planning, and a positive outlook, our clients can turn their next business trip into a productive and enjoyable experience. Below are tips to make business travel more comfortable for our road warriors.
1. Stick to a Schedule
Before arriving, create a detailed schedule for your days away and the tasks you aim to accomplish. We suggest scheduling all meetings in the same location to cut down on the amount of running around you have to do. While sitting tight might not be the most interesting option, especially if you are in an exciting new location, you will save yourself the logistical stress of running across town between meetings.
2. Pack Light
Pack the essentials for your business trip. You know exactly what to expect from your schedule, so pack accordingly—whether you need a tailored suit for a slew of formal business meetings or business casual for an industry conference. Select clothing in solid, neutral colors that can be combined and layered to create multiple outfits. Considering the cost for checked luggage, packing a carry-on suitcase will save you time and money.
3. Keep Track of Your Expenses
Streamline the expense-reporting process by tracking your expenses digitally. Booking your airfare, rental car and hotel with Tangerine Travel ensures that all your information with be on one itinerary. If you use Concur to book travel, Concur Expense is a great tool to keep all receipts for reimbursement organized.
4. Download Your Airline’s App
Instead of waiting for the gate agents to announce your airplane’s status, get real-time updates from the app. In addition to the airline app, download GateGuru for seamless boarding and flight experiences.
5. Treat Yourself to a VIP Lounge
Treat yourself to a comfy chair at the airline lounge. If you are not flying business class, or your ticket does not come with access to the lounge, many airports offer day passes at their own home lounges. Looking for a lounge at your airport? Use Lounge Buddy, the app that gives lounge reviews and offers the opportunity to pay for lounges at a set price. Take advantage of free food, drinks, and wifi to get work done while you are waiting to take off.
With these five tips, business trips can be seamless and stress-free. Is there something in your routine that gets you through you busy travel week? Share your tips in the commons below!
The overwhelming amount of travel information available today can be daunting for those researching. The abundant amount of information is one of the greatest reasons why the services of a professional travel consultant are more valuable than ever. Those in the travel industry have access to booking information that can bring savings to clients. Although savings are important reasons for using a travel consultant, their services are much more than finding the lowest fare available. See the reasons why booking corporate or leisure travel with Tangerine Travel will help anyones upcoming travel needs.
- Tangerine Travel consultants are travel experts. Through ongoing familiarization, continuing education and customer feedback, Tangerine Travel consultants put their industry knowledge to work and organize the best travel for each client.
- In the travel industry, suppliers do not advise travelers that a better route or a better fare is available amongst their competition. Tangerine Travel consultants investigate and supply competitive information to those booking with us.
- Each consultant takes time to analyze current promotions and fares to establish which the least expensive and best fit are for our clients.
- Tangerine Travel clients benefit from our travel consultants experience that can save our clients’ money and headaches in many ways. Our consultants will clarify the fine print, such as cancellation penalties and restrictions for you.
- Tangerine Travel consultants share their knowledge about a variety of topics, from where to eat and where to shop, to what to pack and what to see.
- Travel consultants can provide one-stop shopping for travelers when booking air travel, rental cars, cruise accommodations and hotel stays. We want to ensure our clients feel they are getting the best product for their money and have the best interest of the client in mind at all times.
- Tangerine Travel is a member of Virtuoso, an invite only, elite travel network where unique experiences you cannot find online or plan yourself can be created. Many of our corporate clients use our vacation planning services and are the recipients of these value-added benefits and amenities.
- Tangerine Travel has more buying power than the average traveler booking online, whether it’s booking an airline seat, hotel room or cruise space.
- Tangerine Travel consultants are advocates for our clients in the event something inadvertently goes wrong. We are available 24/7 to help in times of need, be it due to weather, to change an itinerary or if a train line is down.
2017 is gearing up to be another record breaking travel year. TSA has announced it will be limiting the amount of travelers going through expedited screening lines without Pre Check. We suggest enrolling in a Trusted Traveler program that will allow passengers to head to a shorter line and leave shoes on and laptops in their cases. Programs such as Pre Check, Global Entry and NEXUS allow travelers to utilize the expedited security screenings and avoid the long lines. Below is some information on each option to find the best program for you depending on your travel.
TSA Pre-Check – This option is great for frequent and business travelers who can go through separate security lines, leave on their shoes and belts, and keep their laptops in the bag. For $85 you can be enrolled in TSA Pre-Check for five years. You must be a U.S. citizen and lawful permanent resident and there is no passport requirement to be approved. You can apply for TSA Pre-Check online and then make an appointment at one of the enrollment centers around the country to provide fingerprints and identification.
Global Entry – This program is great for international travelers and can coincide with TSA Pre-Check. Upon arrival to the United States, you can go straight to a Global Entry Kiosk without filling out any forms. Insert your passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification and make a customs declaration. The membership is $100 for five years or you can pay an extra $15 from the Pre-Check program to Global Entry. A passport is required for Global Entry and you can apply online and then make an appointment at one of several enrollment centers around the country to provide fingerprints and identification as well as be interviewed. For a list of eligible countries and more information on Global Entry, click here.
NEXUS – This option is the Canadian version of Global Entry, offering expedited processing at airports and land borders when entering the U.S. and Canada. On the plus side, NEXUS is less expensive at $50 for a five-year membership. The negative is there are only a handful of enrollment centers for NEXUS and they are located near the Canadian borders in places like upstate New York, Maine, Montana and Washington State. You can pre-enroll online, visit an enrollment center for an interview, provide fingerprints and verify ID. There is no passport requirement. For information on NEXUS please, click here.
Still deciding on what program is best for you? Talk with your Tangerine travel consultant about your travel destinations and they will help you make the best choice for you as a traveler.
Lufthansa Offers More Comfort on Long-Haul Aircraft
Lufthansa’s Airbus A350-900 is offering several new amenities to all flight classes in an effort to improve comfort and help travelers arrive to destinations feeling relaxed and better rested. Check out some of the new amenities to be offered on long-haul flights below.
Business Class Self Service Area
The new Business Class design allows for passengers to help themselves to snack and drinks in the self-service area. While the regular meal service still stands, passengers can use this space any time between regular meal service in addition to being able to order drinks from their seats.
Seat Upgrade in Economy Class and On-Board Entertainment
Seating will be more comfortable for those in the Economy Class section. The A350-900 will offer ergonomically-formed seat upholstery as well as more storage space for personal items. While enjoying the comfortable seats, passengers will have the opportunity to create a playlist of favorite items for the trip from home using the “Lufthansa Companion App.” Once on-board, travelers can sync their personal playlist with their screen.
The A350-900 will be based in Munich beginning February 10 with its first destinations being Dehli and Boston. For more details on this new plane or to book your next flight, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business travel can be a costly necessity for many organizations. Tangerine Travel understands travel expenses and the essentials to make the corporate travel process positive and efficient. Below are some tips to help implement cost savings for your corporate travel program.
Work with a Travel Management Company
A Travel Management Company (TMC) will plan travel, process reservations, work with online booking tools, tabulate data, implement technology, track travelers and lend support to the businesses it works with. The buying power and established relationships between travel vendors and TMCs allows for savings to be handed down to the client. Tangerine Travel offers out-of-the-box services to ensure each client’s needs are met. Working with a TMC can offer savings, organization and peace of mind to corporations and their traveling employees.
Create a Business Travel Policy
Creating and enforcing a business travel policy will help any business streamline travel procedures. In addition to a travel policy, having a TMC to create guidelines and offer support to travelers when booking travel will help in saving your business money and booking travel with ease.
Increase Advance Booking Period
When booking corporate travel the best way to be cost effective is to book trips further out, particularly for rail and air travel. Tangerine Travel can offer companies reports that show how far in advance bookings have been made. If the data suggests the average bookings are happening 3 days before travel, companies can implement a change in their travel policy or focus on improving the time of bookings.
Use an Online Booking Tool
Tangerine Travel works hand-in-hand with Concur to offer our clients an online booking tool. Concur is an excellent way to book travel quickly while also having the support team at Tangerine Travel to aid in any questions or booking concerns that may arise. In addition to the online booking tool, Concur offers an expense program that can make recording receipts and submitting for reimbursement so simple and cost effective.
For more information on Tangerine Travel’s management programs or for more helpful tips on travel reach out to our travel consultants and email@example.com
Hertz Rental Cars has recently updated its Rental Identification Policy for all rental car reservations that are to be direct billed to a company. In an effort to protect customers from fraud the renter must provide a valid driver’s license that matches the name on the reservation as well as one of the following:
- Employee identification with renter’s name and company name.
- Business card with renter’s name and company name.
- Medical insurance card indicating the renter’s name and company name.
If the renter is not an employee and they do not have any company identification, they must present one of the following:
- A letter on company letterhead indicating that they have a relationship with the company.
- An email from the company stating the same as above. The email must contain the company in the email address.
- A travel itinerary that indicates both the renter’s name and company name.
If you have any question about these policy changes please reach out to your Tangerine Travel consultant or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected with these five apps that can make travel convienient, relaxing and enhance your overall travel experience.
FlightAware is an app that lets you track any flight in real-time and sends alerts regarding important travel information such as airport delays. FlightAware is a convenient one-stop-shop to find out airport and airline info. Save the space on your phone by sticking with this one handy app. Available on iOS and Android.
LoungeBuddy offers options to find a relaxing place to spend your next layover by compiling airports lounges travelers can visit in over 170 lounges worldwide. The pay-by-use lounge offers instant access one you book using the LoungeBuddy app. You can utilize the app on either iOS or Android devices.
Wiffinity is a great way to stay connected when traveling. Wiffinity keeps travelers online with a list of WiFi networks and passwords continuously updated by app users. The app is available with iOS and Android devices.
If you are traveling with kids, Yuggler helps parents discover all the kid-friendly things to do near you. Search via filters to find tips and see photos that are perfect for your children’s ages. Available on iOS with an app developing for Android users also.
The map market is saturated with different apps to get travelers from place to place. We found MAPS.ME to be the perfect map app that can be used offline. Download the maps that you will need during travel and enjoy knowing where you are going. App download available on iOS and Android.
Is there are travel app that you cannot live without? Comment below to share with fellow Tangerine travelers!
’Tis the season to warm up from the chilly temperatures and start planning a warm winter getaway! Let one of our Tangerine Travel Advisors help you escape the cold and travel to one of our picks around the globe below. Or, you can surprise someone special and give the gift of a great vacation this holiday season. We are standing by ready to help in either case!
Hike in a Costa Rican Rain Forest
Costa Rica has it all, from vibrant rain forest, diverse wildlife, white-sand beaches that border both the Pacific and the Atlantic, and a laid-back local culture. Tangerine Travel clients can choose between full service, all-inclusive Costa Rican beach resorts or wilderness lodges deep in the rain forest, where electricity and room service are practically extinct. The winter months mark Costa Rica's dry season offering stunning weather and crystal-clear diving conditions in the region. Ring in 2017 with toucans, sloths and squirrel monkeys as you relax and enjoy your rain forest escape.
Go Diving or Snorkeling in Bonaire
This tiny island located in the Southern Caribbean measures just 112 square miles and has been named one of the world's best diving destinations. The western side of the island is rimmed by colorful reefs swarming with parrot fish, sea turtles, butterfly fish, eagle rays and hundreds of other marine animals. Tangerine Travel suggests a trip to Bonaire as the sunny weather year round and location (located south of the Carribean’s hurricane belt) makes it a perfect destination year round. Our advisors can plan the entire trip down to your diving and snorkel reservations.
Enjoy a Mexican Spa Day
MEXICO! A favorite destination among Tangerine Travel clients! Mexico’s sunny climate and abundance of resorts in all price ranges make it a great place to treat yourself to a relaxing spa getaway. For true decadence, try the Spa at the Belmond Maroma Resort and Spa located outside of Cancun. Many of the unique spa treatments draw on Mayan traditions, for example a detox herbal wrap incorporating local honey and healing herbs. As a Tangerine Travel preferred partner, the Belmond Maroma Resort and Spa is offering upgrades upon arrival, complimentary oil messages and breakfast.
Museum-Hopping in San Diego
Leave your passport at home and enjoy sunny San Diego. A destination known for its year-round temperate climate and a plethora of fun things to do! Tangerine Travelers can find 15 museums at Balboa Park, with collections devoted to anthropology, sports, photography, historic automobiles, art from around the world. Explore the unique culinary world of San Diego from delicious mexican cuisine, fresh seafood and 5-star dining options. After a day of exploring, rest your traveling legs at the La Valencia Hotel at La Jolla. A beautiful place to relax, guests have access to the outdoor pool with the Pacific Ocean as your backdrop. Our travel advisors suggest spending a week exploring these museums, unwinding at top rated hotels and wandering the city's historic Gaslamp Quarter.
Tangerine Travel has included some tips that can eliminate holiday travel stress and have you relaxing and enjoying the holiday season.
1. Flying nonstop whenever possible can be the least complicated way to travel; however, we understand that cannot always happen. Make sure to keep Tangerine Travel’s number in your contacts for whenever weather might get ugly. We can help rebook cancelled flights and other arrangements affected by weather.
2. Be diligent when heading through security. Before you even get in line, put all your hand held belongings in a sleeve of your carry-on bag. With so many valuables placed in to plastic bins, it is easy for stuff to get lost, stolen, damaged or broken. Take 15 seconds to stow everything away. You will make up twice the time on the other side of the checkpoint and you will not risk losing your personal belongings.
3. Avoid checking your bags if possible. Lines can be long at Airline check in. If you carry-on your bag you will be able to skip check in (by having a mobile boarding pass or printed boarding pass from home) as well as skip the wait for your luggage once you have landed at your destination. If you do check a bag make sure to have an extra set of clothes, important documents and any valuables in your carry on to come in handy in the event of lost luggage.
4. Pack snacks and pack a refillable water bottle to keep yourself fueled to handle busy airports, long lines at security and to avoid any “hangry” tendencies. If you arrived to the airport early utilize Gate Guru’s app that includes the best airport restaurants, so you do not have to rely on airline food to fulfill your hunger needs.
5. Remember why you are traveling. Whether you are visiting family, taking a getaway to the beach or wanted to make holiday memories somewhere new, the best memories (and stories) are about to come with the trip. Tangerine Travel can assist you with the details like canceled and delayed flights and organizing last minute arrangements. All of it will make for great stories over dinner when you finally make it to your destination. After all, holiday travel stress is just as much of a tradition as the turkey and stuffing.